Two-thousand and seventeen. It came and went in a flash. It was indeed a year of exploration; exploring my interests, strengths, and, of course, the world. I learnt many life lessons, one of them being that sometimes, the best thing you can do for yourself is just let go. I also know that it was a year of great hardship for some, and great success for others. So whether you fell into the former or the latter, remember that a new year is a wonderful chance to start afresh. A few things I learnt in 2017:
- You have to do it for yourself. Intrinsic motivation is the most important kind to do anything that feels meaningful and fulfilling.
- Take a chance. Do something that scares you. You might just find it’s the best thing you could ever have done (I did).
- Don’t harbour ill feeling. Its poison. Make peace. As hard as it can be, it’s the purest way to stay happy.
- Be happy and present. If ever you’re feeling in a slump, count your blessings. It’ll light your way.
- Make your well-being a priority, always.
Wishing you a light-filled year of success, love and laughter.