In my family, my dad is known for the amazing steak he cooks, my mom I known for her to-die-for cheesecake and I am known for my pancakes (if I may say so myself). I love everything about pancakes from making them right until eating them up. Today I’ll be sharing my pancake recipe with you.
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup of cake flour (I’ve used self-raising flour too, and it still tastes great!)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (You could also use vanilla essence but extract smells way better and has a richer flavour.
- Add egg and sugar in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add in milk, water and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Add in flour and salt and mix until there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Add butter to a hot pan and pour in mixture.
- Fry until golden brown on each side and cooked all the way through.
One of my favourite books of all time is Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren. I fell in love with Pippi and the beautiful illustrations by Lauren Child when I first read the book. (Pippi loves baking too…)
Miss Artsy-Crafty xxx
- Banana and Ice-Cream
- Blueberries and Ice-Cream